Monday, July 2, 2012

Author Notes :: Sarah Addison Allen


L
The Girl Who Chased the Moonet's get to know Ms.Sarah Addison Allen. A few months ago I read her book The Girl Who Chased the Moon: A Novel. I gave the book a 4 rating.

Share a Book Rating ::  4 - Could have been a 5, but nothing is perfect!!


I fell in love with the grandpa, small town, BBW cooking and the changing wallpaper. What about you?

Also, the cooking described in the kitchens of the local restaurant and kitchens in this book were making me hungry while turning the pages. I really want to try her recipes for the Milky Way Cake. As always it is Monday and I like to take a glimpse into an #authors life. Let's learn more about Sarah Addison Allen.


Her goodreads.com descriptions states: 

"She was born and raised in Asheville, North Carolina, in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Allen grew up with a love of books and an appreciation of good food (she credits her journalist father for the former and her mother, a fabulous cook, for the latter). In college, she majored in literature -- because, as she puts it, "I thought it was amazing that I could get a diploma just for reading fiction. It was like being able to major in eating chocolate."




Published Books:
  • Garden Spells (2007), 
  • The Sugar Queen (2008), 
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon (2010), and 
  • The Peach Keeper (2011).
Video :: YouTube The Peach Keeper (2011)



Maybe one day we can all get together for some Southern style drinks and BBQ. Please don't forget the dessert. Nice to meet you, Sarah Addison Allen! I will be picking up the The Peach Keeper SOON!!

Keep Turning those pages!
Happy Reading,

 Jennifer








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...