Wednesday, September 19, 2012

inspiration | beauty in words - poems


Poetry is a favorite - maybe because sometimes a simple phrase or words could mean so much in few words or many. My mom is a poet and I adore her energy in writing to her inner spirit. Imagine those words taking you to a place of complete expression. Brining your spirit to the top and letting the beauty soar.

Poems | Poets

We all know the great poets like Walt Whitman, John Donne, Emily Dickinson, William Butler Yeats andWallace Stevens.

“What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life. ” ― Walt Whitman

Poems | Links

The 10 Greatest Poets: My List
Amazons list of greatest Poets (not sure about this one but hey to each there own I Could Pee on This: And Other Poems by Cats)
The 10 best American poems

from Goodreads Poetry Genre New Releases Tagged "Poetry"

Poems | A Favorite

"Bright Star, Would I Were Steadfast as Thou Art
Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art 
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night, 
And watching, with eternal lids apart, 
Like nature's patient sleepless eremite, 
The moving waters at their priestlike task 
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores, 
Or gazing on the new soft-fallen mask 
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors; 
No yet still steadfast, still unchangeable, 
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell, 
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest, 
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath, 
And so live ever or else swoon to death. 
~ John Keats


Do you have a favorite poem? Please share.

Keep Turning those pages!
Happy Reading,

 Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...